Terms and Conditions
Article 1 (Objective)
These terms and conditions govern the use of Internet-related service (hereinafter “Service”) provided by http://www.ideakorea.kr (hereinafter as "IDEA® KOREA”), which is operated by IDEA® Korea Secretariat. These terms and conditions aim to define the rights, obligations and responsibilities ofIDEA® KOREA and users.
Article 2 (Creating an Account)
①You apply for the membership by agreeing to these terms and conditions and providing your information in the registration form provided by IDEA®KOREA.
②IDEA®KOREAshall register users as a member unless the following applies to users who apply for the membership as described in Section 1.
- If the registration form is in the name of another person.
- If there is any false and misleading information and omission.
- If it is determined that registering as a member is a significant obstacle to the purpose of IDEA®KOREA.
- If it is difficult to approvethe membership due to reasons attributable to customers who create an account.
③The membership agreement is established at the time of IDEA®KOREA’s approval. The termination date of the agreement shall be when the memberapplies for membership withdrawal from the IDEA®KOREAwebsite.
④If there is any change in personal information, the member shall change information or notify IDEA® KOREA immediately by using e-mail and other means of communication.
Article 3 (Membership Withdrawal, Loss of Membership, Etc.)
①The member may request IDEA® KOREA for his or her membership withdrawal at any time, and IDEA®KOREA shall immediately handle the withdrawal process of the member.
②IDEA® KOREA may suspend or terminate the membership if the member falls under any of the following reasons.
- If the member used false information at the time of registration.
- If the member threatens the e-commerce order by interfering with others’ use of IDEA®KOREA website or by engaging in information theft.
- If the member usesIDEA®KOREAto conduct activities that is prohibited by law or these terms and conditions or contrary to the public order and morals.
③When IDEA®KOREA terminates themembership, the member will have 7 days of opportunity to give a plea. It is to prevent member information from being deleted without informing the member and the member may give an opinion on the relevant issue to IDEA® KOREA within the period. If the member is not willing to give a plea or disregards the opportunity,IDEA® KOREA shall terminate the membership.
Article 4 (Notifying Members)
①When IDEA®KOREA notifies themember, IDEA® KOREA shall use the email address that the memberprovided when creating an account on the IDEA® KOREA website.
Article 5 (Responsibility of IDEA® KOREA)
①IDEA®KOREA prohibitsany activities contrary to the law, these terms and conditions, public order and morals, and is committed to providing stable goods and services as provided in these terms and conditions.
②IDEA®KOREA must have a security system to protect users’ personal information (including credit information) in order to provide the safe Service to users.
Article 6 (Member Obligation for Member ID and Password)
①Except in the case of Article 5 Section 2, the member has the responsibility for the ID and password management.
②The member shall not allow third parties to use his or her ID and password.
③If the member finds out that his or her ID and password are stolen or used by a third party, he or she shall immediately notify IDEA® KOREA, and follow the instructions of IDEA® KOREA.
Article 7 (User Responsibility)
Users shall not perform the following actions, and IDEA® KOREA may restrict the use of Service.
①Provide false information when applying for membership or changing personal information
②Steal others’ information
③Infringe intellectual property rights, including copyrights of third parties and IDEA® KOREA
④Defame the reputation and interference with the work of third parties, including IDEA® KOREA
⑤Disclose or post any obscene or violent message, video, audio, or other information that violates the public order and morals.
⑥Carry out actions that intentionally increase traffic which interferes with the IDEA® KOREAwebsite
Article 8 (Copyright and Restrictions on Use)
①Copyright and other intellectual property rights in the works of the IDEA® KOREA website belong to IDEA® KOREA.
- Without the prior permission from IDEA® KOREA, it is prohibited to engage in any activities that directly or indirectly alter, copy, distribute, publish, display, sell or use the works of IDEA® KOREA in various information services, including product creation, Internet, mobile and database.
②When the member uploads a post about the Service of IDEA® KOREA, the following shall be observed so as not to infringe the intellectual property rights of the third party.
- If the content of a post is majorly about a citation rather than partly referenced in the member or user’s opinion, it is considered a copyright infringementeven if the source is cited. Therefore, it is prohibited to upload a post without the explicit consent of the original copyright holder.
- Posting, reprinting, copying, redistributing, altering, and selling all or part of the content created by the original copyright holder without the explicit consent of the original copyright holder is copyright infringement. Therefore, it is prohibited to upload these posts without the explicit consent of the original copyright holder.
- In the event that an objection is raised by a third party for infringing copyright, other rights, defamation, obsceneness, etc., a company may temporarily delete the post. Temporarily deleted post may only be re-posted if there is a request from a company on the basis of the termination of legal issues related to such posts through litigation or agreement between the person who filed the objection and the person who uploaded the post. In no event shall IDEA® KOREA be held liable for legal issues between third parties and members or between third parties and affiliates.
Article 9 (Dispute Settlement)
①IDEA® KOREA shall establish and operate a damage compensation mechanism to reflect users’ opinions and complaints and to compensate for the damages.
②IDEA® KOREA shall first deal with complaints and opinions from users. However, if it is difficult to promptly deal with the matter, it shall notify the reason and schedule to the user.
③In the event of a user’s request for damage relief in relation to an e-commerce dispute between IDEA® KOREA and the user, it may follow the mediation of a dispute settlement agency commissioned by the Fair Trade Commission, mayor or governor
④In case of making profits from the commercial reuse of the contents of IDEA® KOREA or the delivery to a third party, IDEA® KOREA may claim the copyright rights to the user through a legal representative. If it is filed through a lawsuit, IDEA® KOREA may claim the damage in accordance with the copyright law.
Article 10 (Miscellaneous)
In case of violation of the terms and conditions or any inconvenience in using the Service, Customer Support Center is in charge of inquiries.